Cleveland Steel Corporation’s Environmental Policy
Cleveland Steel Container is committed to improving our processes and practices to minimize our impact on the environment. Our commitment to this policy will be exemplified through the following actions:
- Comply with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations regarding the environment, health, and safety of our employees.
- Reduce our environmental footprint through point source reduction and waste minimization programs.
- Evaluate and implement new innovative technologies that reduce our need for raw materials and reduce our emissions from our facilities.
- Benchmark and measure environmental metrics to ensure these actions lead to viable and relevant improvements to our environmental footprint.
- Encourage employees to take responsibility for the environment, health, and safety of performance of not only themselves but fellow employees and the Company.
Through Management’s support and leadership, this policy will show dedication to environmental stewardship and ensure the continued business success of Cleveland Steel Container.
The EcoVadis methodology is based on international sustainability standards (Global Reporting Initiative, United Nations Global Compact, ISO 26000) and supervised by a scientific committee of sustainability and supply chain experts to ensure reliable third-party sustainability assessments.
We are ranked in the top 18% of companies rated by EcoVadis in the Manufacture of other fabricated metal products industry.
That means your steel pails are made in a factory that is in the top:
- 24% of fabricated metal companies for positive environmental impact
- 5% of fabricated metal companies for finding sustainable procurement solutions
- 17% of fabricated metal companies for following strict but fair code of ethics standards